Traverse City’s Earth Day Parade and International Sunflower Guerrilla Gardening Day are joining forces of fun and celebration for our planet home.
The storytelling theme this year is “The Great Lakes: Our Living Water”, and this year we are again joining the world-wide efforts of learning the ways of a natural farming and planting technique of making seed balls.
Our Northern Michigan springtime spectacle will be celebrating it’s 23rd year in Traverse City!
Our Earth Day parade is guided by three simple parade rules to keep us safe on the streets: No Words (as in signage or advertising), No Pets (as in our beloved, real live animal friends which get freaked out by BIG puppets), and No Motors (except wheel chairs this is a blessed, foot-bike-or non-motorized float parade). THANKS!
- Parade building classes held on: April 12th-18th, and, 23rd-27th…(Call for workshop open-times 922-2014) O’k Art Studio, in the Alley 514 Second St., children under age 10 please bring an adult helper, $10 suggested donation per mask and costume, a helpful RSVP to save your space is suggested. For more details email@example.com or 922-2014.
NEW and EXCITING, we invite you to come to one of the Sunflower Seed Ball Workshops, a partner project with “guerilla gardeners” worldwide, and a great local, coffee shop and eatery, Old Town Coffee!
- Sunflower Seed Ball Workshops @ Old Town Coffee, 517 S. Union St., Tuesday, April 24th 5-8 pm….. An Eday FUN-Raiser: Family fun, good food, great music and you get to learn the ways of “natural farming” as we prepare seed balls for our Earth Day Parade!
- Attend and participate in the 23rd Annual Grand Traverse Earth Day Parade & Community Picnic, Saturday April 28th! Parade line-up begins @ 12 Noon @ Central Grade School.
We send our Thanks in advance and great appreciation to all of our long-time Earth Day Parade supporters. Little Artshram and all of the good folks, like-minded organizations and businesses who join with us to create this community-wide event could not do this without you.
SPONSORSHIP Please check in with Little Artshram about sponsorship levels and support this Earth Day event in any way that you can. We take every level of contribution very seriously and promise to make good use of it! We will accept any amount that you are able to give, including Bay Bucks, our local Traverse City currency.
Again, we could not do this community-wide event without your financial, shared resources, or people-powered support!
Thank you to the beginning list of our 2012 Earth Day Parade Sponsors:
- Northern Michigan Environmental Action Council
- Traverse City Light and Power
- Oryana Natural Food Cooperative
- Old Town Coffee & Eatery
- O’k CSA
- and a bunch of wonderful Traverse City community members….
- JOIN these folks and support this great community event: for parade sponsorship information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org